Direct debit is a simple, convenient and safe way of paying your council tax.
- Setting up a Direct Debit is simple and free, and you can cancel them at any time by writing to your bank or building society.
- You don't have to renew your Direct Debit each year.
- Direct Debit is guaranteed by the banks and building societies involved, so if a mistake is made you will get a full and immediate refund.
You will be notified in writing of the amounts, dates and frequency of payments to be deducted from your account and of any changes 10 days in advance, to give you time to query them if necessary.
If the payment details change, there are no new forms to fill in. Simply sign one form and the changes you agree are made automatically.
To set up your Direct Debit:
- Print off the Direct Debit form, complete all sections and return to us at:
Director of Corporate Services
Carmarthenshire County Council
- Phone 01554 742330 to set up your Direct Debit over the phone.