If your event is to include:
- Sale or supply of alcohol
- Regulated entertainment, which is:
- Performance of a play
- Film exhibitions
- Indoor sporting events
- Boxing or wrestling entertainment
- Performance of live music
- Playing of recorded music
- Performance of dance or entertainment of a similar description
- The sale of hot food or drink on or off the premises between 11pm to 5am.
It will need to be authorised by either a temporary event notice (TEN) or premises licence issued under the Licensing Act 2003.
Temporary Event Notices are not suitable for all events because of certain limitations, including those that have an audience of more than 499 people.
A premises licence application can take up to two months to process and is significantly more costly than a TEN.
If you are intending to hold an event using the licences held by one or more premises, we advise you to contact us to confirm that the licence covers the relevant activities and area.