External Funding Team
The External Funding Team’s roots began as a small European information unit established in the mid 1980s. Since then a wealth of information, knowledge and experience has been developed, enabling a range of organisations and communities to maximise benefits from the European Union.
The team is an integral part of our Chief Executive’s Department within the Regeneration and Policy department.
Its role has now expanded to include:
Advocacy | All external funding | Grant management and support
- European Structural and Investment Funds
- Rural Development Plan / LEADER
- Funding advice and support
- Project management skills, including grant compliance
- European information
- European links
Our key strengths
- Commitment to collaborative working at local, regional and international level
- Excellent success rates of accessing external funding
- Established contacts and networks with key funding bodies, e.g. WG, Lottery and European Commission
- Project Management Support