Our Well-being Objectives
By law we should publish our Improvement Objectives by the end of June each year, but this year we also have to publish our Well-being Objectives by 31st March 2017.
We would usually publish our Improvement Objectives with evidence (including but by no means limited to performance indicators and targets) in order to monitor their delivery. However, this year we have incorporated our Improvement Objectives into our new Well-being Objectives Plan.
Following consultation we drafted a set of Well-being/Improvement Objectives and after being approved at County Council on 8th March 2017 here are our Well-being Objectives for 2017-18:
- Help to give every child the best start in life and improve their early life experiences
- Help children live healthy lifestyles
- Continue to improve learner attainment for all
- Reduce the number of young adults that are Not in Education, Employment or Training
- Tackle poverty by doing all we can to prevent it, help people into work and improve the lives of those living in poverty
- Create more jobs and growth throughout the county
- Increase the availability of rented and affordable homes
- Help people live healthy lives (tackling risky behaviour and obesity)
- Support good connections with friends, family and safer communities
- Support the growing numbers of older people to maintain dignity and independence in their later years
- A Council-wide approach to support Ageing Well in the County
- Look after the environment now and for the future
- Improve the highway and transport infrastructure and connectivity
- Promote Welsh Language and Culture
Having published our Well-being Objectives we must take all reasonable steps to meet them. Post Local Government elections on the 4th May we reconfirmed the Objectives and have developed detailed Action Plans to support each Improvement/Well-being Objective, and these will be monitored and reported on through our Performance Management Framework.
We also must publish an Annual Report (during the following year) showing the progress we have made in meeting these Objectives.