The Corporate Strategy sets out the Council’s strategic priorities and aspirations and outlines what we plan to do to achieve our vision for Carmarthenshire over the next five years. Our vision is for a Carmarthenshire that enables people to live healthy and fulfilled lives by working together to build strong, bilingual and sustainable communities.
The Corporate Strategy, in line with our current Annual Report and Improvement Plan, outlines the core values, overarching themes and strategic objectives.
These strategic objectives are:
- Making the best use of resources
- Building a better Council
- People in Carmarthenshire are healthier
- People in Carmarthenshire fulfil their learning potential
- People who live, work and visit Carmarthenshire are safe and feel safer
- Carmarthenshire’s communities and environment are sustainable
- Carmarthenshire has a stronger and more prosperous economy.
The Corporate Strategy also provides information on service priorities based on consultation with residents as well as some of the primary challenges facing the Council going forward.