Alternative college provision for year 11’s
Are you in year 11 in School and need something different? Our Youth Access provision at Coleg Sir Gâr is intended for learners who fit the following categories:
- Looking to start Year 11 for the next academic year,
- Agreed with School that Youth access is a good progression route,
- Are able to show a genuine interest in a vocational programme/course chosen
- Have levels of literacy and numeracy consistent with the expectations of their chosen course
- Are able to behave in a way that does not conflict with the College’s duties and policies on safeguarding, behaviour, respect and equality.
How do I apply?
You will have to be in 10 or 11 (usually year 11 for college placements) to apply for our Youth Access programme. If you are thinking of applying, please be aware that your School must make a referral backed by parents/guardian.
|College Course||Campus||Places available|
|Art, Design & Media||Pibwrlwyd||2|
|Small Animal Care||Pibwrlwyd||2|
|Foundation Business Administration and Retail||Pibwrlwyd||2|
|Catering Level 1||Pibwrlwyd||2|
|Motor Vehicle Engineering||Pibwrlwyd||2|
|Building Crafts Occupations (known as Multi Skill, incorporating several trades)||Ammanford||16|
|Childcare||Ammanford||2 (DBS check required)|
|General Entry Level||Ammanford||2|
|Agriculture/Agricultural Engineering||Gelli Aur||2|
|Pre-foundation with D of E Award and a taster of Public services, sport, construction, engineering, Information Technology, travel and tourism||Graig||2|
|Performing Arts either Acting or Music||Graig||2 (dependant on interview/audition)|
|Health and Social Care||Graig||2 (DBS check required)|
More from Education & Schools