The membership will include a Chair and Deputy Chair elected in accordance with the LAF regulations. A minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20 other members, which must include a balanced representation of recreational access users, landowners and occupiers and representation of other interests especially relevant to the area.
The membership will be balanced to avoid dominance by any single interest group, represent a cross section of interests in the area and live or work within the area or have sound knowledge of the area.
Members will be expected to:
- Adhere to the sections relating to Local Access Forums in the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000, relevant regulations and these Terms of Reference
- Show commitment to achieving the aims of the LAF through constructive working with other members
- Be able to devote the necessary time to attend meetings and network outside meetings
- Have sufficient experience of access to the countryside in the local area to be able to make an informed and constructive contribution to improving access provision
- Be capable of working with a wide range of interest groups.
Carmarthenshire Local Access Forum is recruiting new members. The Forum is a statutory independent body which provides advice to Carmarthenshire County Council, Natural Resources Wales and others about making improvements to the provision of access to the countryside, public rights of way and green spaces in the local area.
We are looking for a broad range of people that use the countryside including walkers, horse riders, cyclists, dog owners, canoeists, fishermen, disabled access groups / users, 4x4 enthusiasts, trail riders, people with Interests in green spaces & parks, farmers, young farmers, landowners, people with an interest in tourism, outdoor activity instructors, people involved in nature and conservation. If you are enthusiastic about countryside access, we would welcome an application from you.
The Local Access Forum meets 4 times a year with up to 20 members. The work is voluntary but reasonable travel expenses are paid and membership lasts for up to 3 years.
Complete and return your application form by 27th April 2018.
Page updated on: 09/03/2018
More from Public Rights of Way