• Cymraeg
  • Skip to Content

Council Tax Reduction Fraud

How can I report fraud?

If you think someone is committing Council Tax Reduction fraud, you can report it to us online.

Different types of fraud:

We have to have a good reason for investigating someone for suspected fraud so the form will ask you to give as much information as you can.

The information you provide is strictly confidential and you do not have to give your name or any contact details unless you want to.

What will happen after you report someone?

We will look at the information you give and if you've given enough information, we will be able to check the person's claim but we aren't allowed to tell you the outcome of our investigations.

Sometimes no action is taken. It might be that the person has declared a change in their circumstances and their benefit is not affected by it.

We will take action if we find the person has been committing fraud. Action can include recovering any overpayment, stopping their Council Tax Reduction award, a financial penalty or prosecuting them in court.

Page updated on: 03/05/2016

do it online