School meals make an important contribution to the diets of children and young people.
Our healthy and tempting menus comply with the Welsh Governments ‘Healthy Eating in Schools’ (Nutritional Standards and Requirements (Wales) Regulations 2013). Special dietary requirements can be catered for upon written request from parents/guardians.
Each school day, our experienced and fully trained catering staff produce in excess of 19,000 meals in over 130 education establishments.
Benefits of eating a school meal:
- Save time in the mornings not having to prepare lunch, plus there is no worry about keeping the food fresh and hygienic until lunchtime.
- School meals offer fresh vegetables, salads and fruit helping towards your child's ‘5 a day’
- Our meals offer value for money. Your child/children can enjoy a two course meal for only £2.50 per day.
- Sitting down and eating together at a table helps develop social skills and table manners; pupils are also encouraged to try new foods.
- Studies have shown that children are more receptive in afternoon classes if they have had a fulfilling lunchtime meal
- We hold regular themed day menu’s plus a celebratory two course Christmas lunch during the month of December.
The School Meals Service in Carmarthenshire is provided in-house by our Catering Division.
Our School Meals Team are committed to delivering the highest standards of quality and service. If you or your child/children have any comments, ideas or suggestions as to how we can continue to improve the service we would be delighted to hear from you:
Department for Education and Children
School Meals, Building 2
St David’s Park, Job’s Well Road
Carmarthen, SA31 3HB
Tel: 01267 246537 | E-mail: email@example.com