• Cymraeg
  • Skip to Content

House swapping

Are you ready for a change? If your home no longer suits your needs, you may be able to exchange, or swap, your home with another tenant.

You may already have a home in mind, or perhaps you’ve spoken to another tenant who would like to swap homes with you. If so, just get in touch – we’ll need to know before you go ahead, and we’ll also be able to help you make arrangements and ensure you’re both happy with the swap.

If you’d like to exchange your home, but don’t know what’s available, try HomeSwapper – this is an easy to use scheme that allows you to look for potential new homes across the UK. You can register online and receive alerts whenever a new home is listed that matches your needs.


Who can I exchange with?
Any council or Housing Association tenant who also wants to swap. You’ll both need to be happy with the swap, and you’ll need to let us, or the landlord, know in advance.

Will I have to pay anything?
No. Both HomeSwapper and a mutual exchange with another tenant is free.

Where do I start?
Call or email our Housing Options and Advice Team - 01554 899389. If you are a Housing Association tenant, speak to your landlord. 

Page updated on: 23/01/2017

do it online