We offer a range of benefits and working arrangements to support employees in their working and personal life, including:
- A discount leisure scheme in Leisure Centres across the county
- An Occupational Health Service offering health and lifestyle screening, counselling and other support.
- A Child Care Voucher Scheme
- A range of flexible working arrangements including a flexi-time scheme, special leave arrangements, job sharing, home working (currently being piloted)
- A Flexible Retirement Scheme
- Development opportunities
Whilst we may ask for certain qualifications and experience for some of our jobs, we are committed to supporting employees to develop their skills.
Some of the ways in which we do this are:
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans
- Training courses
- E Learning
A minimum of 26 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays per year are provided. Holidays for part time employees are calculated on a pro-rata basis.
Maternity/paternity leave & pay
We provide an enhanced maternity scheme to employees who qualify. Partners (who qualify) are supported at the birth of a baby with leave and pay.
Our approach in determining salaries is in accordance with the requirements of legislation (Section 38 (1) of the Localism Act 2011) and Welsh Government guidance.
In order to provide transparency with regard to setting pay, our Pay Policy Statement identifies the methods by which salaries of all employees are determined.*
* The act does not apply to Local Authority schools.
Page updated on: 31/03/2017