We are aware that there are talented, dedicated people who, given an opportunity, will become the professional officers of the future. We are keen to offer opportunities to people to develop in specific vocational roles within the organisation.
Each route offers a combination of learning through practical hands-on experience and the opportunity to study for professional accreditation. In addition there will be opportunity for learning and development through in-house and external courses, seminars and workshops, for example access to mentoring from senior managers and development in management and communication skills.
Once in your role you can expect to be involved in all aspects of your team’s work – for example project related assignments, problem solving, analytical and research work as well as participating in internal and external briefings and meetings. Throughout you will be closely supported by your line manager who will help you with your professional development and the support that you will receive from immediate colleagues will also facilitate your progress.
Rewards & benefits
As you will recognise, the principal benefit afforded by our graduate opportunities is to train and qualify for a nationally recognised professional qualification with financial backing from the council, but there are other valuable benefits as well, including:
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual leave entitlement calculated on the basis of length of continuous service as indicated below (in addition to 8 Bank Holidays per annum):
- 0-4 completed years service – 26 days
- 5-9 completed years service – 31 days
- 10+ completed years service – 34 days
- Flexible working hours and flexi-leave
- Discounted use of Carmarthenshire Leisure