Our Work Ready Programme supports work experience, apprenticeships and graduate opportunities.
Our aim is to help you gain an insight in to the possible career opportunities within the Local Authority. You will be able to shadow a member of staff from one week – four weeks (unpaid) work experience.
For example, you could shadow:
- a Theatre Technician within Y Ffwrnes Theatre,
- a Ranger within the Country Park,
- a Solicitor in the Legal department, or
- a member of the Sport and Leisure Team to name a few.
People undertake work experience with us for a number of reasons, including:
- Having a taste of working within an area before committing to a college course
- Undertaking the Duke of Edinburgh awards as part of your studies and looking to make up your volunteering hours
- Getting back into employment after a period of absence
- Gaining good experience to refer to as part of their application process for University/College.
By undertaking experience working in a busy Council environment you will gain valuable experience and skills while develop your confidence within a working environment and help to become Work Ready.
Page updated on: 01/11/2017