In addition to the Countryside Code, here are a few important guidelines that you should always remember when rambling:
- Always wear stout shoes or walking boots and suitable clothing.
- If walking alone let someone know where you are going and approximately when you will be back.
- Check the weather forecast before you set off on high level routes.
- Always take food and a drink if you are setting out on a long walk.
- If walking high level routes carry a compass, whistle, survival bag, first aid kit, two meals and a torch.