We require notice to be given at the following stages of work:
- Commencement of work
- Excavation of foundations
- Concrete for foundations
- Damp proof course
- Drains (soil and surface water)
We may also wish to inspect the following elements of the work before covering up:
- Floor joists
- Roof structure
- Structural steelwork
If you make your requests for visits before 10.00 am we can normally inspect on the same day.
When the work is completed your builder should notify us to enable a final inspection to be made and a Completion Certificate issued.
A Completion Certificate is very important especially if the property changes hands, as purchasers want to know if extensions or alterations have been completed satisfactorily.
We will provide you with a reliable and professional service including:
- Highly trained, experienced Building Control Surveyors
- Extensive local and technical knowledge
- Prompt response to enquiries and applications
- Same day inspection service
- Free advice and guidance for applicants
- Established convenient liaison with other Council Departments and statutory authorities including excellent relationships with the Mid & West Wales Fire and Rescue Service