General household rubbish – that is, rubbish that cannot be recycled or composted is collected in black bags. This includes small amounts of hygiene waste such as incontinence pads and disposable bed pans; however, if you use a lot you may need an extra hygiene collection.
Do not put garden waste in black bags.
Remember you are allowed to put out a maximum of 4 black bags* every fortnight. (Black bags are not provided).
To ensure your bags are collected:
- Put your bags out before 6am on your collection day (and no earlier than 6pm the evening before)
- Use standard size black bags
- Make sure they are not too heavy - if you have ash waste please email email@example.com or call us on 01267 234567
- If you have dog mess to dispose of make sure it is double bagged and mixed in with other types of waste
- Do not put your bags in wheelie bins. They will not be collected for health and safety reasons. We collect from ordinary dustbins, as long as the waste is bagged.
* If you are a large family and you are finding it difficult to keep to the four black bag limit please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01267 234567.
Your black bags are currently taken to the landfill site at Nantycaws, Carmarthen. However, a regional partnership has been set up to look at other ways of treating this type of waste.
Page updated on: 31/01/2017