There is no single solution or source of activity that will bring immediate results. Success can only be achieved when agencies, supported by the community, work in partnership to provide long term, sustainable treatment provision.
We work across Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire & Carmarthenshire as part of an Area Planning Board to meet our strategic aims in addressing substance misuse.
We deliver a range of services for across Carmarthenshire provided in partnership between Carmarthenshire County Council, Hywel Dda Health Board, Wales Probation Trust & the Third Sector.
- services to children, young people and families
- services to adults including:
- drop in & direct access services
- needle and syringe exchange
- advice & information
- accommodation & access to residential rehabilitation
- substitute prescribing, detoxification and other medical interventions,
- structured counselling & group work programmes
- support to access employment & training
Our aim is to provide people the service they need when they need it to reduce the harm caused by drug and alcohol misuse. Carmarthenshire County Council Substance Misuse Team are a team of social workers trained and experienced in dealing with substance misuse. Please see our leaflet and our annual report for further information.