To prove your address you will need to give permission for the Local Authority to check the following:
- Council Tax Database
- Electoral Register
- School Register (under 16)
If your record does not exist on these systems please contact the Blue Badge Team for guidance and they will advise you on what evidence they will accept under these circumstances.
To ensure your application is processed quickly please provide certified copies of one of the following as evidence:
Proof of identity
- Birth/Adoption certificate
- Marriage/Divorce certificate
- Driving Licence
- Certificate of British nationality
- Civil Partnership/Dissolution certificate.
A certified photocopy is a photocopy of a document that has been verified as being true by a person other than your partner or family member who has known you for a minimum of two years and is 18 years or over.
The individual certifying the document should sign the photocopy and include the text “This is a copy of an original document seen by myself” alongside their signature. They should also print their name and occupation alongside this information.
These are examples of the type of person that would be suitable:
- Bank/Building Society Official
- Councillor (Local or County)
- Civil Servant
- Fire Service Official
- Justice of the Peace
- Licensee of Public House
- Local Government Officer
- Nurse (RGN and RMN)
- Officer of the armed forces
- Police Officer
- Social Worker
- Teacher, Lecturer
- Trade Union Official
If you intend to hand your application in at one of the Authority’s Customer Service Centres then you can present original documents to them and they will copy and certify the documents.
Photocopies that are submitted without signatures cannot be accepted and this will delay your application.
You will need to supply a recent passport style photograph.
Please ensure that the applicants name and date of birth is written on the back of the photograph. The photograph must have a strong definition between face and background and must be:
- In colour
- 45 millimetres in height and 35 millimetres in width (passport size)
- Taken within a month prior to the date of the application
- Against a light grey or cream background
- Free from ‘red eye’, shadows, reflection or glare from spectacles
- Of the full head of the holder (without any other person visible or any covering, unless it is worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons)
- Facing forward
- With nothing covering the face
- Looking straight at the camera
- With a neutral expression and mouth closed
- With eyes wide open and clearly visible (without sunglasses or tinted spectacles and without hair or spectacle frames obscuring the eyes)
- In sharp focus and clear
- A true likeness, without amendment.