£7m Resort "Revamp" for Pendine
A £7million resort-wide regeneration masterplan is being delivered to increase the attractiveness and range of things to see and do in this historic seaside resort in the South West of Carmarthenshire.
Already completed is a new traffic free, user friendly 500m promenade overlooking and giving easy access to the 7mile beach, a beach facing commercial centre (Parry Thomas Centre) that is fully let with businesses ranging from kayak hire, coffee and ice cream to a hugely popular 1st floor Asian Fusion restaurant.
Further exciting plans for 2021 include;
- A new Museum of Land Speed state of the art multimedia museum
- Two storey, 13 bedroom 4*accommodation maximising beach and sea views and perfect for those exploring the All Wales Coastal Path, ancillary café and toilets.
- Outdoor kids adventure play area
- Exhibition and event areas
- Landscaped gardens
- Area for sport tournaments such as beach volleyball
This project is being funded though Carmarthenshire County Council’s capital programme (£2.5m) European Regional Development Fund (£3m) and Welsh Government (£1.5m). A motorhome and RV overnight parking site is also being developed by Pendine Community Council.
More from Development and Investment