Food Hygiene Advice
We offer a food hygiene advice service which can be tailored to your specific needs, an onsite visit costs £45 per hour.
We can provide advice on:
- Food Hygiene specifics e.g. cross contamination, 2-stage cleaning, temperature control etc.
- Structure - layout, facilities, equipment, work flow etc.
- Training and Food Hygiene Management Systems e.g.completion and use of Safer Food Better Business
- Food Hygiene Rating Scheme Advice to help you reach your full potential.
As a guide:
- 1 hour should be sufficient to discuss a single topic in detail.
- We recommend 2 hours for a new food business.
A written report summarising the visit can be obtained for an additional £45 fee.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this service, phone us on 01267 234567. Let us know that you are booking a food hygiene advice visit and for how long (1 hour, 2 hours, etc.). You will need to pay in full over the phone by credit or debit card. This advice service can be used more than once.
One of our Environmental Health Officers will be in touch within 10 working days to arrange a suitable time and date to visit your business.
We recommend that you download and read the terms and conditions of the service prior to phoning us. You will be sent an application form which includes the terms and conditions by e-mail. The application form is a contract between you and the local authority. The completed application form must be provided to the officer at the start of the visit.
More from Environmental Health