Vacant Property Fund
In this section
Eligibility is dependent on the following:
- Applications within the defined red line boundary delivery areas from the three primary towns of Ammanford, Carmarthen and Llanelli will be considered for the fund.
- The building which is the subject of the application will be assessed to ensure that proposed works through the grant would overcome a significant barrier to commercial occupation of the building.
- Funding for works to the property will only be available to owners of the freehold or to tenants holding an unexpired term of seven years from proposed date of completion. Leaseholders will have to secure their landlord’s written consent to the proposed works.
- A pre let / end tenant for commercial use will need to be in place with evidence provided at detailed application stage
- The applicant must be bringing an empty unit back into use and is encouraged to create and/ or safeguard jobs.
- The applicant must ensure the property is occupied on completion to meet the criteria of reducing vacancy rates in the town centres.
- The project must support the economic regeneration of the town centre.
- All recipients and end tenants must be economically and financially viable.
Residential projects will not be eligible for this funding.