Grŵp Cefn Gwlad members
Grŵp Cefn Gwlad is currently seeking new member organisations. You may be eligible if you work for or be a member of a third sector organisation or community group.
The key responsibilities of a Grŵp Cefn Gwlad LAG member is as follows:
- Have oversight of the Local Development Strategy (LDS) and ensure that investments are made commensurate with the LAG business plan to achieve the outcomes in that strategy.
- Ensure appropriate arrangements are put in place to “animate” (encourage / support / make happen) community led local development in line with the LDS and to be proactive in commissioning specific community support for rural Carmarthenshire communities where gaps in that animation support are identified.
- Consider development of regional, national and / or international partnership and collaborative activities that can bring real benefit to community development within rural Carmarthenshire.
- Ensure the LAG, as responsible body for investment of LEADER funding, is maintaining appropriate relationships and communications with other key stakeholders interested in community led development in rural Carmarthenshire.
- Consider community led development ideas and project proposals and determine whether they are eligible for and merit funding from RDP Sir Gâr LEADER funding.
- Monitor the delivery of the LDS and LEADER business plan in terms of investments made and delivery of outcomes as assessed against adopted key performance indicators.
- Commission project delivery and specific outcomes where the monitoring of LDS and LEADER business plan delivery indicated there are significant gaps in delivery from community led projects coming forward.
- Support the LAG chair and Lead Body in ensuring appropriate administrative and technical support is in place to support effective operations of the LAG.
If you would like to apply please complete the application form and return to RDPSirgar@carmarthenshire.gov.uk or give one of the team a call on 01267 24 24 31.
More from LEADER Programme