The Destination Management Plan (DMP) sets realistic targets for economic impact and seeks to prioritise scarce resources so that they can be used to best effect. It sets out a phased programme of projects and actions that are needed to overcome the weaknesses and threats, whilst capitalising on the strengths and opportunities to achieve sustainable growth in tourism.
The steering group have responsibilities and accountabilities to deliver the 4 key priorities.
The objectives of the Destination Management Plan are as follows:
- Provide clear ‘reasons to visit’ and deliver compelling, unique, memorable and high quality visitor experiences.
- Create a strong positioning for the county in the context of the country.
- Harness the collective strengths of all businesses and organisations that have a role in supporting the visitor economy.
- Define Carmarthenshire’s unique tourism offer and attract new and existing visitors to the town through innovative and cost-effective marketing.
- Improve access to and within Carmarthenshire to encourage better visitor flow, longer stays and higher spend.
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service.
- Maximise visitor spend and income retention to the local economy.
- Improve customer satisfaction to encourage longer and repeat visits, higher spend and levels of positive recommendation.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, value for money, best practice, learning and sustainability.
- Identifying measures of success and monitoring performance.