Best start in life
In this section
What steps are we taking to improve?
- We will support families by:
- Working together to reduce the number of children who suffer Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs).
- Working together to reduce the number of children who need to be in the care of the Local Authority.
- Promoting bonding and attachments to support positive good parent-child relationships.
- Better equipping parents and care-givers with the necessary skills to avoid ACEs arising within the home environment and encourage development of social and emotional well-being and resilience in the child.
- Identifying and intervening where children may already be victims of abuse, neglect or living in an adverse environment.
- Continuing to provide attachment awareness training in schools to ensure they become attachment awareness schools and are able to meet the emotional well-being needs of vulnerable children.
- We will ensure that every child with identified additional learning needs (ALN) in all Carmarthenshire schools will have access to appropriate integrated support services. For example:
- Educational and Child Psychology
- Sensory Impairment Service support
- Specialist Advisory Teacher and Teaching Assistant support
- Behaviour Support Community Team
- Access to family support through Family Liaison Officers
Our focus for 2021-22 will be on:
- The expansion of Flying Start under the auspices of the Early years transformation programme.
- The success for this objective will be measured by the number of children in care with 3 or more placements in the year.