In this section
What steps are we taking to improve?
- We will work to improve the environment, biodiversity and ecosystem resilience and comply with the Environment (Wales) Act 2016 and play our role in ensuring nature recovery.
- We will plan, design, and build sustainable communities and infrastructure for the future to address long term challenges and ensure well-being and embrace the spirit of the Planning (Wales) Act 2015.
- We will implement the Route towards becoming a Net Zero Carbon Local Authority by 2030 and support the Carmarthenshire Global Goalkeepers Climate Action 8-point Manifesto.
- We will mitigate the effects of flooding and damage caused by rising sea levels and increased frequency of storms as far as is reasonably practicable with respect to our natural and built environment, including properties, through delivering our obligations under the Flood and Water Management Act; we will address the lessons learnt from storms Callum and Dennis. We will manage our coastline assets in accordance with the Shoreline Management Plan.
- We will deliver actions from the ‘Towards Zero Waste strategy’, to become a high recycling nation by 2025 and a zero-waste nation by 2050.
Our focus for 2021-22 will be on:
- Climate change with particular focus on flooding
- Net Zero Carbon
The success for this objective will be measured by:
- Renewable energy generated
- Waste reused, recycled or composted