Highways and transport
In this section
What do we need to do?
- We need to improve connectivity and support access to services.
- We need to develop a transportation system that will enable businesses to grow and flourish in line with our economic ambitions as an authority.
- We need to sustain investment into our public and community transport systems and facilitate travel to and from schools to support our Modernising Education Programme.
- We need to also invest in infrastructure to support more sustainable journeys and Active Travel. For example, through cycle ways, footpaths and public transport infrastructure.
- We need to continue to sustain investment in our existing highway infrastructure to improve connectivity.
- We need to ensure our fleet of vehicles are safe, modern and efficient, and design our replacement strategy to adapt to changes in vehicle technology.
Which of the 7 well-being goals does this objective meet?
We must work towards achieving all of the 7 national well-being goals in the Well-being of Future Generations Act (Wales) 2015. This objective meets the following goals:
- A prosperous Wales
- A resilient Wales
- A healthier Wales
- A more equal Wales
- A Wales of cohesive communities