Highways and transport
In this section
What steps are we taking to improve?
- We will develop the highway infrastructure to meet the priorities of our Regeneration Plan and Swansea Bay City Deal. We will continue to develop a new highway at Cross Hands and develop strategic schemes to connect communities to promote ‘Active Travel’ and tourism.
- We will continue the successful integrated public transport network such as Bwcabus/LINC and Traws Cymru, develop a Metro for South West Wales to integrate Active Travel, bus and rail stations and work with regional colleagues to improve rail connectivity and journey times to West Wales.
- We will plan to redesign our school transport network to support the Modernising Education Programme.
- We will continue to support community and rural transport (see Well-being Objective 5, Step C)
- We will meet our objectives set out in our Road Safety Strategy.
- We will continue to modernise our vehicle fleet to improve efficiency and reduce emissions and support the development of electrical vehicle charging infrastructure.
The success for this objective for 2021-22 will be measured by:
- Road conditions
- Road casualties