Promote Welsh language and culture
In this section
What do we need to do?
- We need to ensure compliance with the Welsh Language Standards
- We need to continue to implement and promote the ‘WESP’ Welsh in Education Strategic Plan in partnership with school leaders for the benefit of all Carmarthenshire learners. (Also see Well-being Objective 3).
- We need to promote the use of the Welsh Language in our communities working with partners such as Mentrau Iaith, Urdd and Mudiad Meithrin to realise the vision set out in our Welsh Language Promotion Strategy.
- We need to promote ourselves as a bilingual employer & explore the possibilities of doing so in cooperation with other public sector organisations in the County, with a key focus on our apprenticeships programme.
- We need to develop the language skills of our staff and the use of the Welsh Language in the workplace and ensure that we take advantage of technological developments to this aim.
- We need to ensure that economic development and prosperity of the Welsh language happen side by side by regenerating rural economies and communities.
- We need to increase the number of people participating in cultural activity.
- We need to ensure that our County’s heritage assets are protected and accessible for future generations.
Which of the 7 well-being goals does this objective meet?
We must work towards achieving all of the 7 national well-being goals in the Well-being of Future Generations Act (Wales) 2015. This objective meets the following goals:
- A prosperous Wales
- A resilient Wales
- A more equal Wales
- A Wales of cohesive communities
- A Wales of Vibrant Culture & Thriving Welsh Language