Promote Welsh language and culture
In this section
What steps are we taking to improve?
- We will implement and monitor the Welsh Language Standards under the Welsh Language Measures 2011.
- We will continue the development of Welsh in all our Education services, thus moving towards ensuring that every pupil is confidently bilingual. Pupils can fulfil their potential in gaining skills to operate as bilingual citizens in their communities, the workplace and beyond/worldwide.
- We will assess the impact of Language Promotion Strategy, which will facilitate the use of Welsh in everything we do across all communities and start revising the strategy with key partners.
- We will promote our Welsh Culture & Heritage
- We will continue to support our Annual Cultural awards, whilst working with local communities to promote the annual village and town of Culture.
Our focus for 2021-22 will be on:
- Supporting national target of a million Welsh speakers
The success for this objective will be measured by:
- Number of people who can speak Welsh
- People attended arts events in Wales
- People visited historic places in Wales
- People visited museums in Wales