Better governance and use of resources
In this section
- Well-being objective 13: Better governance and use of resources
- What do we need to do?
- What steps are we taking to improve?
What steps are we taking to improve?
- By transforming innovating and changing the way we work and deliver services. Our Transform, Innovate and Change (TIC) programme is aimed at thinking differently, acting differently and therefore delivering differently.
- We shall follow the 7 Principles of Good Governance set out Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)/ Society of Local Authority Chief Executives (SOLACE):
- Integrity and Values (Behaving with integrity, demonstrating strong commitment to ethical values, and respecting the rule of law)
- Openness and engagement (Ensuring openness and comprehensive stakeholder engagement)
- Making a difference (Defining outcomes in terms of sustainable economic, social, & environmental benefits)
- Making sure we achieve what we set out to do (Determining the interventions necessary to optimise the achievement of the intended outcomes)
- Valuing our people; engaging, leading and supporting (Developing capacity and the capability of leadership and individuals)
- Managing risks, performance and finance (Managing risks and performance through robust internal control and strong public financial management)
- Good transparency and accountability (good practices, reporting, and audit to deliver effective accountability)
Our focus for 2021-22 will be on:
- Embed tackling inequality across all of the Council’s objectives
The success for this objective will be measured by:
- ‘Do it online’ payments
- People can access information about the Authority in the way they would like to
- People know how to find what services the Council provides
- People have an opportunity to participate in making decisions about the running of local authority services
- Staff sickness absence levels
- Organisational ‘running costs’
- We ask for people’s views before setting the budget