Help children live healthy lifestyles
In this section
- Well-being objective 2: Help children live healthy lifestyles
- What do we need to do?
- What steps are we taking to improve?
What steps are we taking to improve?
- We will increase the range of physical activity opportunities available for children, and target those at higher risk of inactivity.
- We will address mental health including reducing exposure to adverse childhood experiences.
- We will promote eating healthy, including through school meals, the Healthy Schools scheme and the School Holiday Enrichment Programme.
- We will increase awareness of healthy lifestyles through the Healthy Schools scheme.
- We will continue to develop, promote and deliver the Flying Start Programme.
- We will work with partners to deliver the Early Years Transformation Programme.
- We will develop a multi-agency strategy and delivery plan to respond to the impact of COVID-19 on the mental health and well-being of children and young people.
Our focus for 2021-22 will be on:
- Tackling children’s mental health issues – possibly resulting from lockdown measures.
- The success for this objective will be measured by the number of children who are overweight or obese.