Support and improve progress, achievement and outcomes
In this section
What steps are we taking to improve?
- We will ensure a relentless emphasis on improvement in pupil progress, well-being and outcomes for all children and young people across all learning phases (focusing on vulnerable and eFSM learners) in line with the vision and aims of ‘Education in Wales: Our National Mission.’
- We will continue to address low school attendance and learner well-being.
- We will provide an excellent school in the right place.
- We will continue workforce development and succession planning.
- We will continue the development of Welsh in all our services, thus moving towards ensuring that every pupil is confidently bilingual.
- As part of the Carmarthenshire Curriculum development, we will focus on skills demands and employability of new and existing labour market entrants to ensure that local and regional demands are met.
- We will implement the Youth Engagement and Progression Framework to support vulnerable learners.
- We will ensure continuation of planning and delivery for externally funded projects.
Our focus for 2021-22 will be:
- Ensuring learners are supported to re-engage in learning and regain any learning lost due to COVID-19
- Ensuring that those in examination groups are well supported in order that they can follow their chosen pathway
The success for this objective will be measured by:
- The average Capped 9 points score for pupils
- Primary & Secondary School attendance rates
- Satisfaction with child's primary school
- The number of Year 11 & 13 leavers Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEETs)