Jobs and growth
In this section
What steps are we taking to improve?
- Regionally, by co-ordinating and delivering the Swansea Bay City Deal and specifically the Carmarthenshire based project of Pentre Awel.
- Locally, by delivering the 6 Transformational Strategy Area Plans targeting urban, coastal and rural Carmarthenshire
- To develop the rural economy of Carmarthenshire in line with the emerging Rural Vision for Wales and the Council’s Rural Action Plan. There will be a particular focus on the 10 Towns initiative.
- To strengthen the foundational economy and community resilience. There will be a particular emphasis upon developing a progressive procurement principle and supporting businesses to become more productive and able to pay higher wages
- By developing learning, skills, employability and encouraging a spirit of entrepreneurship throughout the county to support new businesses in the county (Regional Learning & Skills Partnership).
- By ensuring clear business support plans in order to support any implications from Brexit.
- By supporting local and digital economic growth.
- Continue the Council’s own recruitment of graduates and apprentices.
Our focus for 2021-22 will be on:
- SME (Small & Medium Enterprises) & foundational economy
- Rural regeneration
- Pentre Awel
The success for this objective will be measured by:
- Employment figures
- Jobs created with Regeneration assistance
- Average Gross weekly pay
- Number qualified to NVQ Level 4 or above
- People moderately or very satisfied with jobs