Rented and affordable homes
In this section
What do we need to do?
- We need to provide additional affordable homes to meet the needs of residents in Carmarthenshire.
- We need to build new council homes across the County.
- We need to actively work with private landlords to encourage them to make their properties available at affordable rental levels, including bringing more private sector homes into the management of our in-house ‘Simple Lettings Agency’.
- We need to work in partnership with Housing Associations in Carmarthenshire to maximize the supply of new build affordable homes.
- We need to actively work with property owners to bring empty homes back into use.
- We need to purchase homes from the private sector and increase the Council Social Housing stock.
- We need to maximize the number of affordable homes delivered through developer contributions from the planning system.
- We need to maximize all funding opportunities for both the Council and Housing Associations
Which of the 7 well-being goals does this objective meet?
We must work towards achieving all of the 7 national well-being goals in the Well-being of Future Generations Act (Wales) 2015. This objective meets the following goals:
- A prosperous Wales
- A resilient Wales
- A healthier Wales
- A more equal Wales
- A Wales of cohesive communities
- A Wales of Vibrant Culture & Thriving Welsh Language
- A globally responsible Wales