Live healthy lives
In this section
How will the well-being objective be financed?
This objective will bring together a lot of work done by services and in some cases it is difficult to isolate expenditure under this heading. However, Capital expenditure over the next 5 years will be:
- £18.5m on a new Llanelli leisure centre
- £1m on enhancements to Amman Valley leisure centre.
- £630k on access to the countryside including Rights of Ways, Byways and improvements to the coastal path at Morfa Bacas.
- £580k for the Tywi Valley cycle way and £3.8m on active travel walking and cycling linkages, and
- £486k on safer routes in communities.
In Revenue expenditure for 2021/22 we will be investing:
- £1.575m on children getting 60 minutes of exercise 5 times a week and the exercise referral scheme
- £6.363m running leisure, sports and swimming facilities
- £4.31m on outdoor, countryside and coastal park
- In ensuring cultural well-being across facilities we will be spending £7.043m on delivering services
- For Learning Disability Services £42m and Mental Health services £10.5m and Support Services including Safeguarding and Transport £7.5m
- To support the physically disabled we will be spending £8.6m and £2.1m on supported employment
- We ensure Public Health Services (Food Safety, Air and Water Quality etc.) £2.9m
- Provision of Trading Standards £1m