Live healthy lives
In this section
What steps are we taking to improve?
- Eat and breathe healthily: We will provide healthy food and drink options at our Culture, Leisure and Outdoor Recreation facilities, whilst making more and more of these services available online as well. We will ensure that our outdoor recreation facilities i.e. Country Parks, open spaces and Rights of Way networks are maintained and can be accessed safely and enjoyed by everyone.
- Physical Activity: We will continue investment in the new state of the art Pentre Awel (Wellness Village) in Llanelli; work in partnership with schools and the voluntary and health sectors to get “more people more active more often”; and, enable employers to support Workplace Health initiatives.
- Mental Health: We will continue to work with health and third sector partners to transform mental health services and respond to the impact of COVID-19 on the mental health and well-being of our population in Carmarthenshire. We will collaborate to improve access to information, advice, preventive and crisis services. We will aim for people to experience the positive health benefits of taking inspiration from our Cultural collections to promote creativity, mindfulness and self-confidence.
- Substance Misuse: We will collaborate with partners to raise public awareness of Substance Misuse and develop a range of collaborative interventions to improve outcomes in this area.
The success for this objective for 2021-22 will be measured by:
- Adults who say their general health is Good or Very Good
- Adults who say they have a longstanding illness
- Adult mental well-being score
- Adults who have fewer than two healthy lifestyle behaviours