In this section
What do we need to do?
- The introduction of vaccine centres is a way out of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We need to continue to integrate health and social care at population health level to address the complex needs associated with age related multiple conditions and frailty.
- We need to work with individuals and communities together with the public, private and voluntary sectors to develop and promote Age-friendly Communities in Carmarthenshire across the domains of civic participation, communication and information social participation, outdoor spaces and buildings, transportation, respect and social inclusion, housing and community support and health services.
- We need a ‘joined-up’ approach across all Council departments to support independent living and to help older people live in their communities. Making sure that the impact of all service changes on elderly people are carefully thought through.
- We need to involve older people who are often ‘experts by experience’ and know the services they need to remain active and independent in their communities.
- We need to work with Public Services Board (PSB) to achieve the Older People’s Commissioner for Wales’ targets for inclusion in the PSBs Well-Being Plan.
- We need to reflect on research undertaken by the Older People’s Commissioner’s Office ‘Leave no-one behind: Action for an age-friendly recovery’ and respond to the Welsh Government’s Strategy for an Ageing Society: age friendly Wales, as we transition from the pandemic.
- We need to focus on outcome-based approaches to draw out the changes and improvements seen in an individual's life – we need to build services around the outcomes that older people need.
Which of the 7 well-being goals does this objective meet?
We must work towards achieving all of the 7 national well-being goals in the Well-being of Future Generations Act (Wales) 2015. This objective meets the following goals:
- A prosperous Wales
- A healthier Wales
- A more equal Wales
- A Wales of cohesive communities
- A Wales of Vibrant Culture & Thriving Welsh Language