COVID19 Antibody Testing
The proper handling of personal information by Carmarthenshire County Council is very important to the delivery of our services and maintaining public confidence.
Personal data is any information that relates to a person who can be directly or indirectly identified from the information. The terms ‘information’ and ‘personal data’ are used throughout this privacy notice and have the same meaning.
To ensure that the Council treats personal information correctly, we seek to adhere in full to the requirements of Data Protection legislation.
This privacy notice has therefore been produced to explain as clearly as possible what we do with your personal data.
1. The purpose for which we use your personal data
We use the information we collect about for the purpose of arranging serology antibody testing for COVID-19. These tests are for teachers and other School staff, as well as social care workers.
The lawful basis for the processing this information is to perform a task in the public interest, underpinned by employment and public health law.
2. What type of information do we use?
We collect the following types of personal data to deliver this service:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Email address
- Mobile telephone number
- Your current place of work and normal work base
- Your vehicle registration number
3. Do we use information received from other sources?
To provide this service, we only collect personal data directly from you. We don’t obtain information about you from any other sources.
When you’ve received an antibody test and the results are available, these will be texted direct to you by Hywel Dda University Health Board. The Council does not receive these.
4. Transferring your information abroad
We use Microsoft Office 365 to process our electronic documents under the terms of a strict agreement, which safeguards your information. This personal data is hosted on servers outside of the UK, but only in EU countries which are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We don’t transfer any other information about you outside of the UK.
5. Who has access to your information?
We share the personal data we collect with Hywel Dda University Health Board to facilitate antibody testing.
There are also other specific situations where we may be required to disclose information about you, such as:
- Where we are required to provide the information by law
- Where disclosing the information is required to prevent or detect a crime
Where disclosure is in the vital interests of the person concerned
6. How long we will keep your information
We will keep your information during the period antibody testing is being carried out and dispose of it securely once the exercise has been completed.
7. Your Data Protection rights
You have the right to:
- Obtain access to the personal data that Carmarthenshire Council is processing about you
- Have any inaccurate or incomplete information rectified (corrected)
- Withdraw your consent to processing, where this is the only basis for the processing
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the independent body in the UK which protects information rights
In some circumstances, you may have the right to:
- Object to the processing of your personal information
- The erasure of your personal data
- Restrict the processing of your personal information
- Data portability
8. Contact details
For more information regarding this privacy notice and your rights, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
Carmarthenshire County Council
Contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office along with further guidance on Data Protection legislation can be found on the ICO website.