The County of Carmarthenshire (Llanelli) (Waiting restriction and street parking places) Consolidation (Experimental variation No. 36) Order 2020
Notice is hereby given that on the twenty first day of July Two Thousand and Twenty the Carmarthenshire County Council made an Order under Sections 9 and 10 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 ("the Act") as amended.
The effect of this Order is to modify:
- The County of Carmarthenshire (Llanelli) (Waiting Restrictions and Street Parking Places) Consolidation Order 2004 (“the Consolidation Order”) (as varied),
- The County of Carmarthenshire (Llanelli) (Waiting Restrictions and Street Parking Places) Consolidation Order (Variation No 5) Order 2006, and
- The County of Carmarthenshire (Llanelli) (Waiting Restrictions and Street Parking Places) Consolidation Order (Variation No 15) Order 2010
(which provides for decriminalised enforcement of contraventions of waiting prohibitions and restrictions) by the addition of new plans denoting Areas CJ217 and CK217 being the plans annexed to the Order and which said plans shall prevail during the duration of the Order. The consequence of the amendment is to replace the existing provisions on the sides of road specified in the Schedule to this Notice by:
- limiting waiting for disabled persons’ vehicles to 1 hour on the sides of road specified in Part I of the Schedule to this Notice, and
- prohibiting parking on the sides of road specified in Part II of the Schedule hereto except for disabled persons parked in the positions and for the time specified in the said Schedule hereto
To suspend the provisions of the The County Of Carmarthenshire (Cowell Street, Llanelli)(Prohibition of Stopping Except for Hackney Carriages) Order 2012 in so far as it relates to the sides of specified in the Schedule to this Notice.
The Order will come into operation on the third day of August, 2020 and a copy of the Order containing full particulars together with a map indicating the sides of road affected, a statement of the Council's reasons for making an Experimental Order and copies of the orders being modified may be viewed for a period of eighteen months from the date of this notice at the offices of the Carmarthenshire County Council at Llanelli Customer Services HWB, 36 Stepney Street Llanelli (which will re-open on the 29th of July 2020) during normal offices hours, or by e-mailing ENTrafficManagement@carmarthenshire.gov.uk or telephoning 01267 228278 and requesting a copy.
After an initial period of six months the Council will then consider whether the provisions of the Order are to be made permanent. If you wish to object to the making of a permanent Order on the terms of the Experimental Order then you should send the grounds for your objection in writing to the Head of Administration and Law at County Hall Carmarthen SA31 1JP by the 31st day of January, 2021.
Any person who desires to question the validity of this Order or of any provision contained in it on the grounds that it is not within the powers conferred by the Act or on the grounds that any requirement of the Act or of any instrument made under it has not been complied with in relation to the Order, may, within six weeks of the date on which the Order was made, apply to the High Court for this purpose.
Phone: (01267) 224045
Wendy Walters, Chief Executive, County Hall, Carmarthen
Type of notice: Travel, roads and parking
- Location: Carmarthenshire