Winter Fuel Support Scheme

Frequently asked questions

Can I apply for a Winter Fuel Support Payment for a second property?

No. you can only claim one payment and that must be for your normal residence.


Can I apply on behalf of someone else if they cannot do it themselves?

Yes. However, the Winter Fuel Support Payment must be paid into a bank account in the name of the person for whom the application is being made.

For example, if someone applied on behalf of a parent who is too ill to do it themselves, the payment would be made into the parent's bank account.

The person making the application will need to provide some personal details.