Cycle to work scheme
The scheme is a council run initiative that has purchased over 300 bicycles to date. It enables staff to hire a bike and/or approved accessories for a 12-month period with an option to buy outright at the end of the term
What are the benefits?
- Save money
- Affordable - spread the cost of your bike over time
- Unrestricted use during leisure time
- Improve health and fitness
- Reduce traffic congestion and pollution
How does it work?
You give up a small part of your regular salary for 12 months in return for leasing a bike and approved accessories suitable for commuting to work. During the lease period the bike should be used for qualifying work journeys at least 50% of the time. The cost is deducted from gross salary so money that you would have paid in tax and insurance goes towards your bike/accessories
Who supplies the bicycles?
You may choose a bike - up to £1,000 (incl. VAT) - from any shop/company as long as they’re willing to cooperate with council procedures.
Who is eligible?
Carmarthenshire County Council employees including school staff who are employed under a full time, part time, permanent or fixed term contract provided
- you have at least six months of service (12 months for Social Workers)
- you have at least 12 months remaining on your contract
- you would not fall below the Minimum Wage following salary sacrifice deductions
To apply download both the application and quotation form. Please remember to have your line manager countersign your application form before submitting it. Scan and e-mail your completed forms to CRFinanceTechnical@Carmarthenshire.gov.uk
More from Jobs & Careers