Microsoft Home Use Program
Carmarthenshire council staff are now eligible to participate in Microsoft's Software Assurance Home Use Program (HUP). This program enables you to get a single licensed copy of Microsoft® Office to install and use on your home computer.
Under the Home Use Program, employees who are users of qualifying applications at work (e.g. Office Professional) may acquire a single licensed copy of the corresponding Home Use Program software (Office Professional Plus 2016 / Office Home and Business for Mac 2016) to install and use on a home computer.
You may continue using HUP software while you are employed. In order to access this program, you must have a corporate e-mail address and a Windows Live account.
- Go to the Microsoft Home Use Program website
- Enter your corporate e-mail address (can be either the @carmarthenshire.gov.uk or the @sirgar.gov.uk address), insert the following program code . 9D464898BB, the Country field should already be filled in as United Kingdom. Note: The program code is assigned to Carmarthenshire County Council for our sole use in accessing this site. You may not share this number with anyone outside our organisation.
- You will then receive an email with a link where you can buy the software - first screen will show the two different versions of Office.
- Choose which version you wish (it can be for a Windows PC or a MAC) and whether you want a copy of the DVD or not at £11. If you choose not to have a DVD then it will be a streamed full install - installing from DVD allows you to choose what you install.
- When you place your order the system will send you a confirmation email with you licence key – to your corporate email address, forward this email to a personal email address which you can open a link which will download and install the software on your home computer. Do not try and download on your work PC.
You will be expected to have a Windows Live account to take up this offer.
We have as part of our Enterprise Agreement free Office and Windows eLearning available. You will need to have a Windows Live account to access it and on a Windows PC it will complain if Silverlight is not up to date. I would also advise when looking for courses ensure you filter by English as well as other options. Courses range from beginners to more advanced.
These courses are meant to help you keep up-to-date with the latest major software releases - though older versions are there as well. Please note that some product and language versions may not be available at the time you activate your courses. For up-to-date information on the availability of E-Learning courses, visit the Microsoft Website. If you experience any problems with your E-Learning training, please contact the regional support centre in your region.
The access code we have received from Microsoft can accommodate a limited number of users from Carmarthenshire. Please DO NOT share the code with unauthorised users. This is not permitted under our license agreement with Microsoft.
- Go to the Online Learning Microsoft website
- You are prompted to sign in using a valid Windows Live™ ID. (This is the user name and password you use to access the site each time you log on.) If you already have a profile on microsoft.com, use that Windows Live ID.
- Input your multiuse access code: IWOC8D3A15. This is for Office courses (The code is case-sensitive. Best to cut and paste.) also your work email address, only @carmarthenshire.gov.uk & @sirgar.gov.uk addresses will be accepted. Or CLO766D7C6 for the Windows courses - an additional code is entered by clicking on the down arrow next to your name and click on ‘Add subscription’.
- You will be prompted to sign in using a valid Windows Live ID, once again.
- Click the Catalog link to see list of available courses. The products you see are linked to the subscription codes entered.
- Click a course title add to your courses, you can step in and out of these as you wish. However, you have 12 months from the time of adding to finish that course.
- Go to the Online Learning website.
- Click the "Sign In" button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Sign in to Windows Live using your Windows Live ID and password.
- Click the My Courses link on the top left of the page under Learner Home page or choose another course from the catalogue.
- Begin / continue your E-Learning course.
If you have any questions regarding your access code, you may e-mail or phone our support centre.
Page updated on: 12/10/2017
More from Jobs & Careers