Supporting Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Staff
We are fully committed to equality of opportunity and promoting diversity. We value all staff regardless of their sexual orientation. Furthermore, we aim to create an environment in which all staff, whatever their sexuality feel equally welcomed and valued, and in which homophobic and other discriminatory behaviour is not tolerated.
What the law says
Under the Equality Act 2010 people with different sexual orientations have protection from discrimination. Under the Act, it is unlawful to discriminate on the grounds of someone’s sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation. It also prohibits discriminating against someone because of their association with someone who is lesbian, gay or bisexual. This applies to all employers.
What support is available
We are proud to be a Stonewall Diversity Champion organisation. We have a range of equality and diversity related policies, services and networks in place to support all staff including LGBT employees at work. These include:
- Equality and diversity policy
- Behavioural standards guidance
- Human resources and occupational health advisors
There are a number of LGBT groups and helplines that are readily accessible via the internet or through local LGBT services.
- Human Resources Team, Tel: 01267 246184
- Occupational Health & Wellbeing Team, Tel: 01267 246060
- Stonewall Cymru (Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Charity), tel: 08000 50 20 20 or e-mail: email@example.com.
More from Jobs & Careers