Breach of planning

3. Report a breach of planning

Before you ask us to investigate a planning issue, did you know that some building work does not require planning permission. This is known as permitted development. If you're not sure what is and isn't allowed please read this information from Welsh Government on the type of development that can be undertaken without planning permission.

You should also check if the site has planning permission. You can search for a planning application online by location, date and more. It won't take long and you'll be able to see if planning permission has been granted and what conditions are in place.

If you're concerned about bats being disturbed, nesting birds or owls you can report this to the Wildlife crime officer in the police.

If you're ready to go ahead, you will need the following information:

  • Your details
  • Location and details of the problem

The details you provide will be used to follow up your complaint. If you can provide photos this will help us with our investigation.

We may have to work with partner organisations such as the police. We will not share your personal details with anyone else without your consent.

Report a breach of planning