Planning appeals

Page updated on: 31/08/2023

Appeals in Wales are dealt with by Planning Environment and Decisions Wales (PEDW) in Cardiff.

Applicants have a statutory right of appeal against the refusal of planning permission, the conditions attached to a permission which are considered to be unreasonable, or if the Council has failed to make a decision within the statutory 8 week period and no extension to the time period has been agreed. Also, any person on whom an Enforcement Notice has been served can appeal. There is no right of appeal for third parties in Wales.