There are a range of personal alarms and monitors that can help you remain living at home safely and independently.
Delta Wellbeing can help improve your independence by providing you with the right help and support whenever you need it through their Delta Lifeline service, using the latest Technology Enabled Care (TEC). They operate a 24/7, 365 day bilingual Information, Advice and Assistance (IAA) service to individuals and organisations to promote and maintain wellbeing and independence at home. Formerly Carmarthenshire council’s Careline service, which had been in operation for over 30 years, Delta Wellbeing was set up in 2018 and now operates as a Local Authority Trading Company still owned by the council.
Delta Wellbeing offers discreet technology solutions such as wrist worn pendant alarms or small mobile devices that can fit into your pocket. When you raise the alarm, you can rest assured that Delta Wellbeing, or your chosen contact can respond to your call quickly.
How does Delta Lifeline work?
- Delta Lifelines comes in the form of a box, that is controlled by a button or device that you wear. It requires access to your telephone landline to operate and connect to our 24/7 monitoring centre or your nominated contact/s depending on the plan you have chosen.
- Don't have a landline? Not to worry! They can provide a special Delta Lifeline Sim Card to insert into the base unit of your Delta Lifeline which links directly to your home Wi-fi, enabling you to connect to our monitoring centre or nominated contacts whenever you need it.
Delta Lifeline has the potential to transform the way you control your own health and wellbeing allowing you to live your life in a way that is right for you. It can help support you if you have health issues, if you are a carer who needs help to look after someone, or it can simply offer reassurance and peace of mind. For a list of payment plans, and information of what’s included, visit the Delta Wellbeing website.
For further details about our Delta Wellbeing Lifeline TEC packages, or to make a referral visit www.deltawellbeing.org.uk or call our Advisors on 0300 333 2222.
In addition to the Delta Lifeline service, they also provide the regional CONNECT service which provides an enhanced lifeline.
The CONNECT service will enable individuals and the most vulnerable in the community to live independently for longer through:
- Wellbeing calls
- Digital support and TEC packages
- Help to re-engage with the local community (digitally currently, but physically longer term)
- Access to an appropriate Community Response Team 24/7, if in crisis
CONNECT is provided in partnership with Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire County Councils, Hywel Dda University Health Board, Welsh Government and representatives of the third sector and is currently available across Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire. To make a referral for the CONNECT service visit www.deltawellbeing.org.uk/connect-referral-form/ or call our Advisors on 0300 333 2222.
More from Social Care & Health