Permission to insulate a property
If your property does not have a front garden, and abuts the pavement, you should seek consent from us prior to carrying out external insulation works. In appropriate locations the consent will allow the construction of a building over a highway maintained by us.
You will also need to:
- Contact planning to see if planning consent is required
- Contact building control prior to commencement of works to complete a thermal elements application
To make an application you will need to provide the following:
- Address of property affected by proposed works
- Road number (if known)
- Identify areas of the highway affected - verge/footway/carriageway/back lane
- Description of works
- Estimated duration of works
- Proposed start date of works
- Proposed end date of works
- Width of existing footway/carriageway (approx)
- Width of works (approx)
- Projection over the highway (approx)
- Clearance above highway level
- Name, address and telephone number of contractor
- Provide policy number and expiry date of insurance policy with an indemnity of no less than £5 million
- Plan of site - property and proposed works to scale of no less than 1/500
- Plan of location in relation to its surroundings to scale of no less than 1/1250 or 1/2500 or 1/10,000
The application fee is £42.00 (valid until 31st March 2023).
Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for your application to be assessed.
More from Travel, Roads & Parking