Permission to insulate a property

Page updated on: 05/05/2020

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Many bus services are now operating a reduced service. We advise you to check your journey in advance with Traveline.

Face coverings are compulsory for everyone travelling on public transport in Wales. Face coverings should be worn for the duration of the journey on public transport. This means they must be worn from when you get on the vehicle and they must stay in place until you get off.

Bwcabus fixed route services have been temporarily suspended. Bwcabus will continue to operate a pre-booked service only.

We are not running any road safety courses until further notice.

Please continue to visit our Newsroom for the latest information. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

If your property does not have a front garden, and abuts the pavement, you should seek consent from us prior to carrying out external insulation works. In appropriate locations the consent will allow the construction of a building over a highway maintained by us.

You will also need to:

To make an application you will need to provide the following:

  • Address of property affected by proposed works
  • Road number (if known)
  • Identify areas of the highway affected - verge/footway/carriageway/backlane
  • Description of works
  • Estimated duration of works
  • Proposed start date of works
  • Proposed end date of works
  • Width of existing footway/carriageway (approx)
  • Width of works (approx)
  • Projection over the highway (approx)
  • Clearance above highway level
  • Name, address and telephone number of contractor
  • Provide policy number and expiry date of insurance policy with an indemnity of no less than £5 million
  • Plan of site - property and proposed works to scale of no less than 1/500
  • Plan of location in relation to its surroundings to scale of no less than 1/1250 or 1/2500 or 1/10,000

The application fee is £39.00 (valid until 31st March 2021).

Your completed application form and cheque made payable to Carmarthenshire County Council, will need to be returned to: Street Care, Environment Department, Parc Myrddin, Carmarthen SA31 1HQ.

Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for your application to be assessed.

download application form (.pdf)