Older Driver Refresher Course
Following the great success of the ‘Older Driver Refresher Programme’, the Road Safety Unit are pleased to be bringing you more driver awareness sessions. We want to keep you mobile and independent, and keep you confident behind the wheel.
Why not take advantage of this informal and relaxed day-long session, benefiting from the expertise of an experienced Road Safety Officer and a fully qualified Approved Driving Instructor?
You do not need to bring your car to benefit from this session – we provide the wheels.
Participants valued the opportunity to attend the theory and practical sessions… but don't just take our word for it, here’s what some had to say:
“I have re-learnt a lot of what I should have known but over the years have forgotten”
“This really helped my confidence”; everyone should do this course - thank you all”
“I can now do Morrisons roundabout with confidence”.
What is the course all about?
- Helping to keep you driving safer for longer
- The ageing process and driving safely
- Addressing your personal concerns about your driving now and for the future
- Identifying bad driving habits. You might have picked some up over the years!
- Updates to the Highway Code
This course is not:
- A test of your driving skills
- A formal assessment of your driving
How much does the course cost?
Thanks to Road Safety Grant funding from Welsh Government the course is free of charge to residents of Carmarthenshire.
- 11 Feruary 2020, 09:30 - 16:30 at Caerbryn Hall, Caerbryn, Ammanford
- 25 February 2020, 09:30 - 16:30 at Caerbryn Hall, Caerbryn, Ammanford
- 3 March 2020, 09:30 - 16:30 at Parc Myrddin, Carmarthen
You can book by phone on 01267 228285 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More from Travel, Roads & Parking