Pass Plus Cymru
Pass Plus Cymru is a Welsh Government funded scheme, which is aimed at young drivers aged between 17 and 25 who have recently passed their test. The scheme aims to help young drivers improve driving skills, gain extra experience, and possibly obtain a discount on their car insurance.
The scheme requires young drivers to attend a three hour interactive tutorial followed by up to nine hours of `on-the-road’ driving (split between two attendees) with a Pass Plus Cymru registered Approved Driving Instructor.
The Pass Plus Cymru scheme comprises six specially designed modules which cover:
- Driving around town
- Out of town
- In all weathers
- At night
- On dual carriageways
- On Motorways
Also covered are defensive driving, hazard awareness, concentration, speed, drugs and drink driving, safe attitudes and behaviour.
Because the participants will be trained by a professional driving instructor, they’ll gain valuable extra experience and positive motoring skills that would otherwise take a long time to acquire.
Upon completion of the course each candidate will be issued with a Pass Plus Certificate. You’ll be able to use this certificate to claim your motor insurance discount.
How much does the course cost?
The cost of the course, which has been accredited by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), is £20, a significant discount from the normal cost of around £160. The balance is made up by us with grant funding from Welsh Government.
- Monday 13th March 2023, at 6pm
Courses will be delivered online via Microsoft Teams. Further information on how to access the course and the link to join will be emailed to you within the week of your scheduled course. If you have any questions in the meantime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Following the online course, you will be contacted by an instructor to arrange a suitable date and time to complete the practical element of the course.
Travel, Roads & Parking
- Emergency road closure
- Planned road closure
- Notification of roadworks only
- Portable traffic signal
- Permission to externally insulate a property
- Horse riding warning signs
- Tourism brown signs
- Permission for seasonal decorations
- Vehicle access (dropped kerb)
- Private access protection markings (H Bar)
- Disabled parking bay
- Resident's parking permit
- Dispensation waiver certificate
- Temporary Oversail Applications
Access to walking and cycling (Active Travel)
Electric Vehicle Charging
- Motorcycling clothing and helmet
- Motorcycle Training
- Biker Down! Cymru
- Dragon Rider Cymru
- Motorcycle CRASH card
Report a dead animal on the road
Report a problem on a road
- Report a pothole
- Report flooding / blocked drains on the highway
- Report a faulty street light
- Report overgrown vegetation / injurious weeds
- Report hazardous / fallen trees
- Report a trip hazard
- Report debris / obstruction / landslip
- Report Winter hazard
- Report defective road marking / sign
- Report damage to a highway structure
- Report faulty temporary traffic lights
- Report damaged fences / barriers
- Report a problem with a bus shelter
- Report an abandoned vehicle
- Report a damaged manhole cover / drain
- Report damaged / missing street furniture
- Report faulty permanent traffic lights
Report an abandoned vehicle
More from Travel, Roads & Parking