The proper handling of personal information by Carmarthenshire County Council is very important to the delivery of our services and maintaining public confidence.
Personal data is any information that relates to a person who can be directly or indirectly identified from the information. The terms ‘information’ and ‘personal data’ are used throughout this privacy notice and have the same meaning.
To ensure that the Council treats personal information correctly, we seek to adhere in full to the requirements of Data Protection legislation.
This privacy notice has therefore been produced to explain as clearly as possible what we do with your personal data.
1. The purpose for which we use your personal data
The information we collect about you will be used for the purposes of:
- Administering Season Tickets for parking at our Country Parks and the Millennium Coastal Park
- Caravan and Campsite bookings
- Event Management
- Beach Access Permits
- Participation in activities
The legal basis for the processing of your information is to exercise official authority under Section 19 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976, a discretionary power to provide recreational facilities.
If you do not give us the information we need when we ask for it, this may result in us being unable to provide you with the services above.
2. What type of information do we use?
We collect the following types of personal data about you to deliver this service:
- Date of birth
- Unique reference number
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Bank/payment details
- Your family composition
- Vehicle registration number
- Information about your health when participating in activities
3. Do we use information received from other sources?
To deliver this service, we only collect personal data directly from you and do not obtain information about you from any other source.
4. Transferring your information abroad
We use Microsoft Office 365 to process all of our emails under the terms of a strict agreement, which safeguards your information. This personal data is hosted on servers outside the UK, but only in EU countries which are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We don’t transfer any other information about you outside of the UK.
5. Who has access to your information?
The personal data you provide us will not normally be shared with any other service within Carmarthenshire County Council, or with any third party outside the organisation.
However, there are specific situations where we may be required to disclose information about you, such as:
- Where the Council is required to provide the information by law
- Where disclosing the information is required to prevent or detect a crime
- Where disclosure is in the vital interests of the person concerned
6. How long we will keep your information
We will keep your information for 1 year in accordance with the Council’s Retention Guidelines.
7. Your Data Protection rights
You have the right to:
- Obtain access to the personal data that Carmarthenshire Council is processing about you
- Have any inaccurate or incomplete information rectified (corrected)
- Withdraw your consent to processing, where this is the only basis for the processing
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the independent body in the UK which protects information rights
In some circumstances, you may have the right to:
- Object to the processing of your personal information
- The erasure of your personal data
- Restrict the processing of your personal information
- Data portability
8. Contact details
For more information regarding this privacy notice and your rights, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
Carmarthenshire County Council
Contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office along with further guidance on Data Protection legislation can be found on the ICO website.